It’s show #532! On today’s show, we’re talking about Japanese vs western saws, bit storage, and designing a woodshop layout from scratch.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler! Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before October 31st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
If you need legs for a project then check out Rockler’s new I-Semble Steel table legs. These welded steel legs make it easy to create a functional, stylish table—just add a top in the material of your choice. Choose from several heights to showcase a prized slab of lumber, or use the shorter legs to support a custom-made cabinet. The legs are sold in sets and arrive with a durable matte black finish. Whether you’re an experienced woodworker or a beginner, these table legs let you tackle furniture projects with confidence.
What’s On the Bench?
- Marc modified built-ins in his new house to accommodate a bigger TV.
- Matt is preparing to put up a new building to replace his storage unit.
- Shannon cambered a chisel to see how it would cut.
Tom writes in to thank us for letting him know that Rockler has a new store in NJ because otherwise he wouldn’t know anything about it. Go check out the new Moorestown, NJ store!
Emails and Voicemails
- Brent is trying to decide if Western or Japanese saws are best for his style of work.
- Cory needs advice on organizing and storing his router and drill bits.
- Danny is building a new shop and is looking for shop layout and planning help.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com