It’s show #536 On today’s show, we’re talking about demonstrating woodworking, shoulder planes, dealing with splinters, applying Rubio to a frame & panel, breadboard popularity, and premium router table set ups.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler! Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before October 31st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
What’s On the Dining Table
Drew has been asked to do a woodworking demonstration at a local fall festival and this sparks a discussion about what kind of demonstrations can be done when time and power tools might be difficult to come by.
- Corey has some advice on shop layout using a low tech method of cardboard cutouts.
- Brooke has a question about pre-finishing panels for a bed using Rubio Monocoat.
- Cory asks about the usefulness of a shoulder plane for truing up his tenons.
- Kyle asks us how we deal with splinters.
- Mateo wonders why breadboard ends are so popular.
- Doug asks about premium router table setups and how much they add to the function. We suggest having some fun with Rockler’s Router Table Configurator.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to email@example.com