It’s show #545. On today’s show, we’re talking about about cutting an angled mortise, what to do with the boule cap and using massive slabs for a workbench.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler! Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before March 31st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
The YouTube version of the show is a success so check it out for a whole new WoodTalk experience!
What’s On the Bench
- Marc made a big ass-embly table with chunky faux legs.
- Shannon building a Shaker table in a group build format in The Hand Tool School.
- Matt built a welding table while he waits for moulder knives.
- Jason appreciates our credibility and says everytime he tries something against our recommendations, things go wrong.
- Chris has questions about cutting angled mortises for a table and the best way to cut them.
- Robert has an entire boule of Walnut and the cap is nearly 3″ thick and wants to know the best way to use it.
- Matt has a line on a deal for large Ash timbers and wonders what he should be wary about before he buys them.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org