On today’s show, we’re talking about cherry for a desktop, the ruler trick, stationary sander options, cabinet scrapers vs scraper planes, finishing suggestions for cherry, getting a grippy finish on a fish net, is a ClearVue Cyclone a good idea in a small shop, and special guest J. Leeko is here to tell us more about his Kickstarter campaign that we so elegantly took a crap on last week.
Around the Web
– Paul wants to know if we think cherry is durable enough for a desk top.
– Jim wants our opinion on David Charlesworth’s “ruler trick.”
– Nate wants our thoughts on vertical/horizontal belt sanders vs disc sanders as well as scraper planes vs cabinet scrapers.
– Greg is looking for the perfect finish for his Weekend Wall Shelf. Shannon recommended Masterpiece Wood Finish.
– Jeff is looking to make his finish a little more grippy, because he’s working on a fishing net.
– Michael has a fairly small shop and wants to know if a ClearVue Cyclone is the right choice.
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column to sign up today!