On today’s show, we’re talking about Nordfab ductwork, European style saws, availability of quartersawn wood, round vs square dog holes, thin kerf blades, smoothing expensive wood, cutting up burl, and graduating from shop projects to real furniture projects.
What’s on the Bench?
Shannon’s tool cabinet is swollen. Matt is strolling down memory lane with his old videos. Marc is enjoying his footage of the Thorsen House and getting ready to make a table from a baseball bat.
Around the Web
Poll of the Week
– Nick has a solution for the issue of wasting epoxy, discussed in Episode 129.
– Don did a little testing on his Buck Brothers chisels.
– Mike from LA wants our thoughts on Nordfab ductwork and comparable options.
– Tom is considering the pros and cons of European saws.
– Dan is trying to decide between square and round dog holes for his workbench.
– Mike is having trouble finding quarter sawn wood.
– Richard wants to know if thin kerf blades offer any real advantage.
– Tom has a piece of curly Koa and wants advice for getting the most out of it.
– Don has a large maple burl and wants to know how he should cut it up.
– Clinton is having trouble moving from shop projects to real furniture builds.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Special thanks to Rick, Jacob, Adam and James for their contributions!
And don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like these folks did: Anorvell, MakoJeff, and Greg McKenna.