On today’s show, we’re talking about Marples blades, Sweetheart vs Bailey, storing hand planes, high end sanders, protecting your assembly table, and pressure treated wood.
What’s on the Bench?
Matt gives us a rundown on his experience at Weekend with WOOD!
Around the Web
– Another cool stop-motion video by Frank Howarth featuring his big jointer.
– Using baking soda and a sand blaster to remove finish.
– In case you haven’t seen it a million times already, here’s that video of the expanding table.
Poll of the Week
– Brian has some thoughts on finishing the insides and bottoms of our projects.
Mike from LA wants to know how to sharpen a Benchcrafted Skraper.
– Greg is making an end grain cutting board and wants to know if his Marples blade will be adequate.
– Glen is wondering what the difference is between Stanley Sweetheart and Stanley Bailey planes.
– Todd wants to know the correct way to store a hand plane.
– Jens is trying to decide between three high-end sanders.
– Jim wants to know if it’s advisable to put protective paper on an assembly table the way David Marks did in Woodworks.
– Tobias is looking for advice on pressure-treated wood and finish options for an outdoor play center.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Special thanks to for their generous contributions.
And don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like these folks did: JamesonBlake, DTChristensen and If Letterman Were a Woodworker.