On today’s show, we’re talking about choosing between the router plane and rabbeting block plane, areas of woodworking where it is OK skimp, burnishing scraper planes.
What’s on the Bench
Matt tried to help a friend with their cheap maple table and it just didn’t work out. Shannon is having more issues with his DeWalt planer. Marc is having design brain freeze.
Around the Web
– A Jeremy Hopkins has some feedback on Episode 136. He thinks that Shannon is a jerk (my words, not his) for suggesting folks use plywood to make full-scale drawings. He also has thoughts on what to do with extra sawdust, including selling it to urban chicken farmers, making stove pellets, and selling it to local boy scout troops for firestarter supplies.
– Stu sent us a voice kickback and a discussion we had back in Episode 65 about the quality of Marples chisels.
– Roberto has a question about vacuum sealing finishes.
– Kyle wants to know when to use the variable speed function of his trim router as well as the differences between cabinet scrapers and scraper planes.
– Chris has $200 to spend and wants to know if he should get a rabbeting block plane or a router plane.
– Miles wants to know where we feel it’s ok to skimp and save money.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks Michael C.
And don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like these folks did: