On today’s show, we’re talking about finish storage and disposal, hand saws for re-sawing, and the properties of Danish Oil.
What’s on the Bench
Marc is trying to decide how to order events in his current blanket chest build and he’s heading to Nashville for a Powermatic event. Matt’s finishing up his wife’s wedding boxes and made a fire pit for the back yard.
**Note** I made some comments about Powermatic being at AWFS. I didn’t realize at the time that they actually didn’t attend AWFS this year.
– Frank Howarth’s stop-motion videos are blowing up!!
Poll of the Week
– William recommends the use of a toilet bowl cleaner called target=”_blank”>The Works to remove rust.
– Lamar sent us a link to a book that inspires him, though it isn’t specifically about woodworking: Built to Last.
– John is looking for advice on resawing with a hand saw. Bob from Logan Cabinet Shoppe helped us out with a details answer.
– Adam wants to know if he needs a “flammables” cabinet to store his finishes.
– Ben is wondering about cleanup and storage of oil-based finishes.
– Pat has a question about the drying time of Danish Oil.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to Archie K. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Headpawn did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.