On today’s show, we’re talking about knowing when a design is right, replacement parts for hand planes, cambering blades, and using Waterlox finish.
What’s on the Bench
Marc finished up the assembly of his blanket chest case and is pondering hidden drawer options. Matt is making some sweet iPhone cases. Shannon is finishing up some carved signs.
– Open source furniture with OpenDesk.
– Making a spatula!
– Josh, Brian and Lamar all sent in kickback about our flammables cabinet discussion last week.
– Lamar included a link to an American Woodworking article on Making a Flammables Cabinet.
– Dustin wants our thoughts on knowing when a design is just right.
– Robert is looking for parts for his newly acquired hand planes.
– Chris wants advice on cambering his plane blades.
– Matt wants to know what we think of Waterlox as a finish for interior millwork.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to Charles M. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Engineer in Wood did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.