Special thanks to our show sponsor: Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about wooden planes for the beginner, sassafrass toxicity, hinges for a bathroom vanity, choosing between Festool Domino models, finishing around an inlay, and how to make a tenon for a breadboard end.
What’s on the Bench
Marc finished up the hidden drawer on his Greene & Greene Blanket Chest. Matt is making some nice wooden hoops. Shannon stopped building so he can start building.
– Information for a previous caller about the potential value of his used hand planes.
– Walter needs help purchasing the right block plane. He’s considering Veritas and Scott Meeks. Marc also recommended he check out Blum Tool Co.
– Doug has a question about Sassafras toxicity.
– Pat is looking for concealed hinges for a bathroom vanity.
– Rick wants to know which Domino is best for his work: the DF 500 or the DF 700.
– Will is trying to avoid getting finish on a decorative inlay.
– David is looking for advice on creating tearout free tenons for a breadboard end.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to Jeffrey R. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Pappa Rysm and Fish37 did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.