Special thanks to our show sponsor: Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about machine-cut dovetail angles, spokeshaves vs rasps, popping the grain with dye, tips for flawless drawers, integral vs loose tenons, and workbench thickness for holdfasts.
What’s on the Bench
Marc didn’t get much woodworking done this week. Shannon put his money where his mouth is and planed some boards by hand.
– Amazing wooden pipe organ desk.
– Paul’s coffee table compilation:
Poll of the Week
– Blair had some concerns about using acidic rust removal solutions discussed in Wood Talk #144.
– Mitch wants to know if there are ideal dovetails angles when using a dovetail jig.
– Tom wants our thoughts on using spokeshaves and rasps for sculpting workpieces.
– Matt is looking for better results when popping the grain with dye.
– Kenji wants advice for getting the best results with his drawer installations.
– Dell wants our thoughts on integral vs loose tenons.
– Aaron wants to know if there is a recommended thickness for a bench top when using a holdfast.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to Richard H. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Viall8tr, Dewitterdidder, and K9-2th-Doc did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.