On today’s show, we’re talking about boiled linseed oil shelf life, being too picky about calibration, taming bowl scraper tearout, and lapping the sole of a hand plane.
– Wood Talk is now moving to Mondays!
– Subscribe to our new Youtube channel!
– Don’t miss the Woodworking in America Wood Talk Meetup! Join us at the Keystone Bar & Grill in Covington, KY on Saturday October 19th, 2013.
What’s on the Bench
Marc finished up the rustic outdoor table. Matt’s designing his next project, a platform bed. Shannon is having trouble with hardware.
– A few folks sent in comments about comments in the Canadian iTunes store.
– Chet has a question about the shelf life of boiled linseed oil.
– Chris wants our thoughts on the Incra Saw Gauge.
– Brian is having trouble with tearout from his bowl scraper.
– Terry has questions about flattening the sole of a handplane. Matt recalls his past adventures with sole flattening.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to David F., Jacob B, Bradley R. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Bassman28 and pinkiewerewolf did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.