Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about the Golden Ratio, the router plane vs the shoulder plane for tenon cheeks, and mobile bases.
– Wood Talk is now moving to Mondays!
– Subscribe to our new Youtube channel!
– Don’t miss the Woodworking in America Wood Talk Meetup! Join us at the Keystone Bar & Grill in Covington, KY on Saturday October 19th, 2013.
What’s on the Bench
Marc is doing research on his upcoming humidor project.
– Did you catch the woodworking scene in the series finale of Breaking Bad?
– Dust protection without bulky protectors.
– Shannon will be on Wood Chat this Wednesday at 10pm Eastern.
– Amazing furniture by Joseph Walsh.
– The Bump Family (originally posted on Doug Stowe’s site)
Poll of the Week
What do you think about biscuit joints?
– Allen shared a link to an article about corrugated planes after hearing Wood Talk #150.
– Brian heard about a paid mentorship program called PivotPlanet and wants our thoughts on this type of program for woodworkers. He did find one woodworker in the directory.
– Stan has a tip for those tight boiled linseed oil lids involving teflon tape.
– Kenji wants our thoughts on the Golden Ratio. Marc suggested he check out George Walker’s blog and the new book from Walker and Tolpin called By Hand & Eye. We also reviewed Walker’s DVD: Unlocking the Secrets of Traditional Design.
– Jim has a question about plane preference when cleaning up tenons, as discussed in Wood Talk #137.
– David has a question about after-market mobile bases.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to Kevin S., John L., David (from the UK), and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like yanoyawanit, dozersworkshop, and Samantha @ Avalon Woodworks did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.