Remember today’s show is sponsored by Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about freezing water stone baths, going hand or power for your first dovetails, narrow mortises with a chisel, underpowered bandsaws, table saw blade slippage, difference between dovetails saws, and differences between epoxy types.
What’s on the bench?
Marc is flattening veneer and working hard on the Woodworkers Fighting Cancer event. Matt is planning on doing a side by side test involving his helical head planer. Shannon is knocking out a bunch of small projects.
Poll of the Week
– Craig has some feedback on the “break-in period” for diamond stones discussed in Wood Talk #152.
– Treharne would like to lower the freezing point of his water stone bath.
– Tyler is cutting is first dovetails and wants to hear our thoughts on going hand vs power.
– Wade is having trouble making narrow mortises with his chisel.
– Kenji wonders if 1/2HP is too underpowered for a bandsaw.
– Jim’s tablesaw blade is slipping on the arbor.
– Matthew is confused by the various types of dovetail saws available.
– Steve is pondering the differences between epoxy types.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to everyone for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.