Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about squaring up a large piece of ply, block planes for specific tasks, making a conductor’s baton, rustic furniture advice, fine dust collection at the tablesaw, and fixing cracks in live edge slabs.
What’s on the Bench
Marc is recovering from a small but deep cut on his hand. Matt built a valence for a friend. Shannon is using hook tools on his lathe.
– Dr. Nick helps us with our medical terminology.
– Kris is looking for some advice on making matching curves.
– Dell is trying to square up a 24″ x 24″ piece of ply.
– Michael has several block planes and wants to know if he can tune a few up for specialized jobs that would justify keeping them around.
– Ben needs some advice on the wood and the finish for a conductor’s baton.
– Tim is looking for tips on making rustic furniture.
– Kyle is trying to collect fine dust from his table saw.
– Phil is looking to fix a few cracks in a live slab.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to everyone for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like work with wood did.
Special thanks to Andrew Allen for creating our music. Check him out at KeysWithSoul.com.