Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about a cool-looking finish, table saw residue, monotonous woodworking, best practices at the table saw, plugging holes, clogging dust collectors, and planning your cuts strategically.
What’s on the Bench
Mars is having fun rubbing out his finishes. Shannon is getting frustrated by homemade lathe maintenance.
– Derek is wondering if Minwax Wipe-on Poly is really a good bargain anymore.
– Sean suggests using styrene sheets to make matching curved templates.
– Dyami is looking for suggestions on a “cool” finish.
– The Med Tech Woodworker wants our thoughts on marks being transferred to the work at the tablesaw.
– Jonathan has been doing some monotonous woodworking lately and wants to commiserate.
– Mike wants our thoughts on best practices when using the table saw, in terms of when to shut down the tool.
– Jason needs some advice on plugs.
– Jim’s 2HP Harbor Freight dust collector is clogging up.
– David is trying to strategically plan his cuts for the best yield on future projects.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! Thanks to everyone for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Dust4Brains2000 did.