Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about when its safe to remove a blade guard and riving knife, resawing to conserve wood, making a wooden plane and shooting board, your first workbench, buying stock in the rough, and disposing of old power tools.
What’s on the Bench
Marc is getting ready for some power carving and is being extra cautious about safety concerns. Shannon is dreading his to-do list. Matt is still having visions of sugar plums dancing in his head.
A listener on Facebook takes us to task for offending people who use calipers. Not really, but you’ll have to listen to learn more.
– Roberto is thinking about buying a small bench-top CNC machine.
– Justin wants to know when it’s safe to remove his blade guard and riving knife from his table saw.
– Andreas has a question about resawing to conserve wood.
– Joshua is looking for tips on making a wooden plane and shooting board that work together.
– Ron has some questions about his first workbench build.
– Paul has some concerns about buying his stock in the rough.
– Peter wants to know how he should dispose of his old power tools.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Brian Z, Glen V., Cory G., David H., Daniel R. for their support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like newbassman did.