Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about sweating on your projects, what grit you should sand to, and wood prices.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Power sculpting, bluetooth headphone solution
Matt – Assembling the platform of the platform bed
Shannon – Bowl turning and spooning
– Wood Talk is now broadcasting on Alpha Geek Radio. Support the IndieGoGo Project.
– Video of classical guitar construction.
– Woodworking in America 2014 dates and location announced!
– Collapsable spray booth.
– A plywood Raspberry Pi tablet
– Amazing wood sculptures made to look like everyday items.
– Canadians unloading lumber from a barge.
– Brian has some thoughts on beefing up a torsion box.
– Sean tells about wood movement in Hawaii.
– Brian lets us in on a sad secret about distressed furniture. See how his former employer does it.
– Brad is upset about us burning scraps.
– Mike is looking for advice on getting better results when routing endgrain as he flattens his cutting boards.
– John sent an end grain cutting board through his planer and paid the price. Here’s Marc’s article on the topic: End Grain Through the Planer?
– Kevin has a question about dealing with sweat stains on his projects.
– Barry wants to know at what grit he should stop sanding.
– Brett is trying to calculate wood costs. Shannon recommended this article.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank everyone for their support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like RGFarmer3, Touge Grip, and Hotrod Monkey did.