On today’s show, we’re talking about pre-finishing your projects, skill-building strategies, sharpening exclusively with diamond stones, a fence for a small bandsaw, dealing with an infestation, and techniques for smoothing dovetail pins.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – More thoughts on his bluetooth headphone setup and putting finish on the sitting bench.
Matt – Celebrating a Matt’s Basement Workshop anniversary and cutting himself with wood.
Shannon – Whittlin’ both in the real and virtual worlds.
– Amazing Japanese woodworking – slicing end-grain:
– A 1965 video about an axe factory:
– Crazy xmas tree thingie:
Poll of the Week
– Adam is pondering his block plane options.
– Josh has some questions about pre-finishing.
– Dan is wondering if it’s ok to use diamond stones as his only sharpening medium.
– Robert is trying to strategize his projects as learning opportunities.
– Joey wants to outfit his old Craftsman bandsaw with a nice resaw fence. Matt suggested this article from Glen Huey.
– Luis has an infestation!
– J Greasy is contemplating how to flush up is proud pins.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Dafydd B. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Jerem97 did.