Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, Joe has a question about downdraft tables, Bob wants to know if he should powder coat his hand planes, Allen is having trouble with drilling end grain, Matthew is pondering veneer vs solid wood for his dining table, Timberdoc is considering liquid hide glue for his next project and Billy is concerned about lubricants staining his wood.
What’s on the Bench
– Marc is back from his 8-day Blacker House Chair class.
– Matt is posting some articles over on Popular Woodworking’s blog.
– Shannon is trying not to burn his lumber stash.
– Brian has some experience to share about tool quality.
– Jared gives us more information about barges unloading lumber in Canada.
– Carlo has some thoughts on his past tool purchases.
– Check out RisingFromAshes.org for more info on the Emerald Ash Borer.
– Michael shares his positive experiences with diamond stones.
– Adam shares is negative experiences with diamond stones.
– Kris has questions about jointing twisted boards.
– Chet is looking for advice on paint.
– Joe has a question about downdraft tables. A few suggestions for plans: Bill Pentz, Build a Downdraft Table, Hardware Kit for Downdraft Table.
– Bob wants to know if he should powder coat his hand planes.
– Allen is having trouble with drilling end grain.
– Matthew is pondering veneer vs solid wood for his dining table.
– Timberdoc is considering liquid hide glue for his next project.
– Billy is concerned about lubricants staining his wood.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Tom B. and Tim W. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like DBRown1998, Oklahoma Woodworker, george 1122, and Cowple 24 did.