Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, David wants to cut down on pro bono work, Rusty wants our thoughts on wood acclimation, Alex wants to return his wood, Nate wants to know what he should do during his time away from the shop, Tom is trying to minimize noise transmission in his basement shop, and Matt needs an inexpensive solution for reinforced miters.
What’s on the Bench
– Marc finally finished the Blacker House Chair.
– Matt is getting ready to dye the bed!
– Shannon is revisiting old projects, hand tool style.
– Gary Katz comprehensive baseboard video and article.
– A new “plywood” used in the boating industry called “Alpi Wood.” Skip to 1:50 in the video.
– A modular workbench design from Ron Paulk.
– Jared has had some good experiences with home store lumber.
– Tom reminds folks not to feel constrainged by 3/4″ pre-milled stock.
– Chris has a question about using a jack-rabbet plane in a shooting board. Shannon suggests he check this out.
– Bob wants to know how the internet has impacted our personal safety standards.
– David wants to stop doing pro bono work and needs some advice.
– Rusty has a question about wood acclimation.
– Alex wants to know if he can return bad wood.
– Nate wants to know what he should do during his time away from the shop.
– Tom is trying to minimize noise transmission in his basement shop. Check out Wood Talk #3 for our previous answer to this question.
– Matt needs an inexpensive solution for reinforced miters
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank everyone for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Dw1015, Feeley05, ChetKloss and Lord Blitzkrieg did.