Special thanks to our show sponsor Brusso Hardware. Use the code WOODTALK at checkout for 10% off your order!
On today’s show, Mike is looking for alternatives to epoxy thickeners, Ted is trying to joint and plane small parts, Tom wants to know the ideal plane for a shooting board, Barron has some questions about the Blacker House Chair, Chad wants to know how cold temps and high humidity will affect his wood, and Ryan wants us to talk about reclaimed wood.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Finished up the poker chip trays and got some much-needed shop time.
Shannon – Visited the National Gallery with SAPFM guys.
Matt – Veneered some iPhone cases because he can!
– Tracking trees worldwide in real-time!
– Blair Glenn’s Redwood Removal:
– Japanese woodworker making an abacus:
– 3D Printing in Wood:
– Frank Howarth stop-motion bookcase build:
-Stupid woodturning tricks with Cindy Drozda:
Poll of the Week
– Mike is looking for alternatives to expensive epoxy thickeners.
– Ted is interested in hand-planing small parts.
– Tom wants to know the ideal plane for a shooting board
– Barron has some questions about the Blacker House Chair I built recently.
– Chad wants to know how cold temps and high humidity will affect his wood.
– Ryan wants us to talk about reclaimed wood.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Martin S., Adam P., and all other donors for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like DCnOK, Ripstitch, Wood butcher 2 me, and Brandon Kane did.