Special thanks to our show sponsor Brusso Hardware.
On today’s show, Levi has some questions about plywood cases, Steve wants to plane dried glue, John wants the skinny on angled mortises, Chris wants our thoughts on the iBox jig, Chris with a C is considering cutting dovetails with a tenon saw, and Chris is trying to choose between a fret saw and a coping saw.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Shop furniture being critiqued and getting rid of that pesky snipe.
Shannon – Started shop cleaning and demolition.
Matt – Dueling thickness planers!
– Jared, Dyami and many others wrote in to point out Marc missed one of the most important aspects of Hybrid Tablesaws as discussed in Wood Talk #173: that the trunions are mounted to the table, not the cabinet, making adjustments more difficult.
– Brandon explains some of the science behind cold temperature glueups.
– Nick and others wrote in to let us know what Brad Pitt has been up to in the furniture world.
– Matt has an alternative suggestion for an inexpensive disc sander.
– Levi is building plywood bookcases and has questions about dado depth and solid wood trim. Marc suggests he check out the One & Two Sheet Bookcase project.
– Steve wants to know if it’s ok to plane glue.
– John has some questions about angled mortises. Marc recommend this Jeff Miller article.
– Chris wants Marc’s thoughts on the Incra iBox jig.
– Chris with a C is considering cutting dovetails with a tenon saw.
– Chris is trying to choose between a fret saw and a coping saw.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank “Some jerk in the Woodlands, Texas” and all other donors for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store, just like Derek did.