Special thanks to our show sponsor Brusso Hardware. Use the code WOODTALK at checkout for 10% off your order!
On today’s show, Nik is having some finishing issues due to wood movement, Jens is considering a 15″ helical head planer, Miller wants to protect his milk paint finish, Toffer want some decking lumber, Drew wants to use his old drill press as a spindle sander, Jim is struggling to get a mirror finish on his chisels, and Matt is just plain boring.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Installed helical head on jointer.
Shannon – Doing some detail work.
Matt – Managed to destroy two sets of rails and stiles.
– The Down to Earth Woodworker: Dado Depth Torture Test
– Kid Snippets – “Wood Shop Safety”
– Video on the creation of shop made retractable casters for power tools
– The Beltley Wood Shop!
Poll of the Week
– Jay takes us to task for our advice last week on using a magnetic saw guide for cutting dovetails.
– Nik is having some issues with his finish and wood movement.
– Jens wants to know if some planers have more bells and whistles than others and if there’s a big difference between a Shelix cutter-head and the ones that come with the Grizzly G0453PX.
– Miller is looking for an outdoor-friendly finish for his milk paint project.
– Matt is pondering is bit options for his braces.
– Drew wants to know what speed to run his drill press at when using drum attachments.
– Jim is having through with cloudy surfaces when sharpening and can’t quite get that mirror polish.
– Toffer is pondering the use of deck boards for an upcoming table build.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank everyone for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.