Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about John’s vice slippage, whether it’s necessary to have both a router table and a shaper, Elliot’s shop upgrade, tension wood, and Dave’s hand plane technique.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Prepping for Weekend with WOOD and the Morris Chair project.
Shannon – Watching oil dry and received a commission for a dining table.
Matt – Pre-finishing a project.
– The World’s Largest Jenga Game:
– How to auto-tune a hand plane:
– A good explanation of bandsaw blade tension:
-Cardboard coffee table via CNC:
– Kyoto Joinery
Poll of the Week
– John is experiencing some slippage with his Veritas Twin Screw Vice.
– Is it necessary to own both a shaper and a router table?
– Elliot recently purchased a new house and has a nice big shop space. He wants to know if he should dive in and buy the big tools or ease into it slowly.
– Jamie is looking for more information on tension wood.
– Dave needs some assistance with his plane technique.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Robert D., Gerhard D., Marcia B. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.