On today’s show, we’re talking about HVLP, finishing in a messy garage, drying lumber, and green wood vs kiln dried.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Selecting wood and rough milling for the Morris Chair.
Shannon – SAPFM meeting and sketching up. Thinking about where to put furniture while it cures.
Matt – Visited a pop-up event for a new furniture business.
Poll of the Week
– Tom gives us his thoughts on setup blocks.
– Gerald shares his experience with his neighbors axe swinging technique.
– Mike suggests using barber chair hardware for adjusting bench height, and idea he got from this video:
– Nathan has some information on why travertine is a terrible idea for ANY work surface.
– Jim is looking for a place to send his dad’s Diston saws for a little TLC. The boys got sidetracked talking about Bob R. leaving podcasting.
– Paul, Eric, Glen, and Greg all had questions concerning HVLP.
– Colin is having trouble keeping his garage clean enough for finishing.
– David and Daniel have questions about wood drying and air-dried lumber vs kiln-dried lumber.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank everyone for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like Nb VA User and Lanai Wood Worker did.