Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about bandsaw dust collection, working with tiny insert screws, choosing the right size hinge, carving tool brands, and if too much woodworking content is a bad thing.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Gluing together legs for the Morris Chair. Avoiding Nicole because she has Strep.
Shannon – Having shop withdrawal and looking forward to finishing some carving.
Matt – Not a damn thing.
Poll of the Week
– Justin has some feedback on SketchUp plugins and colored lacquer as a paint alternative.
– Clem shares his joy of CNC ownership with us.
– Brian tells us about his makeshift spray booth solution.
– John and Kayla are trying to improve the dust collection on their 14″ Jet Bandsaw. Marc suggests the following links: YouTube Video – Bandsaw Dust Collection, Highland Woodworking – Bandsaw Dust Control That Works, WoodCentral – Jet Bandsaw Upgrades.
– Achille has questions about installing screw inserts and choosing hinges. Matt suggests he watch this video.
– Ben is looking for suggestions on carving tool brands.
– Tucker has a great question about whether too many folks are getting bogged down in the excessive amount of information available to woodworkers today.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Joshua H., Robert T., Jeff T., and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store.