Special thanks to our show sponsor Festool.
On today’s show, we’re talking about hand tool dust collection, steam bending kiln-dried wood, flattening a partial log slab, using molding planes on curved edges.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Just got back from Weekend with WOOD.
Shannon – Building a wall and prepping for PW webinar.
Matt – Disappeared into the woods.
Poll of the Week
– Robert and Mike both had thoughts on our recent discussion about online education getting in the way of actual woodworking.
– Brian thinks that magazines over-complicate project plans.
– Bradly has a tip for drilling small holes.
– Mike wants to know if you can steam bend kiln dried wood. Marc recommends he check out the following:
Danenberg Boatworks – Steam Bending
Rockler Bending Wood II – Steam Bending
Wood Bending Made Simple by Lon Schleining
– Joe is wondering how he can keep his shop clean from hand tool wood dust and chips.
– Josh has a partial log slab that he’s trying to mill flat and needs some advice.
– Aaron wants to know how to use a molding plane on a curved edge.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Dan S. and everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like dancigarman and Jasoncg1 did.