Special thanks to our show sponsor Brusso Hardware.
On today’s show, we’re talking about matching stain, rough vs smooth glue surfaces, tips for beating the summer heat, framing mirrors, and unique joints for a bed frame.
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Making forms for bent lamination.
Shannon – Lumber shed and tool cabinet changes.
Matt – Recovering from allergies.
– Wooden art that is a nice intersection between wood nerd and sci-fi nerd.
– A classic British newsreel showing how a briar pipe is made.
– 13 of the Coolest Things Made from Wood
– Programming with Hand Tools
– Robots transform furniture:
– The insane Hannah Cabinet:
– Horse-powered saw mill in Belize:
Poll of the Week
– Brian has some thoughts on our discussion about the effects of too much online woodworking content.
– A scary WARNING!
– Jason is trying to match stain to commercial furniture.
– Bob wants to know if it’s best to glue rough or smooth surfaces.
– John is looking for some tips to beat the heat in Phoenix.
– Darth Rust has concerns about framing mirrors. Matt recommended these hinges.
– Joe is contemplating a new joint for his bed frame.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Hugh H., James H. and David Picciuto from The Drunken Woodworker as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like dancigarman and Jasoncg1 did.