Special thanks to our show sponsor Brusso Hardware. Don’t forget to use that code WOODTALK at checkout!
On today’s show, we’re talking about easy durable finishes, automation distancing us from our craft, and how to perform a ritual bloodletting with your chisels
What’s on the Bench
Marc – Getting ready for TWWLive on Friday at 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific.
Matt – Making signs for a wedding.
Shannon – Shop remodel done and on to the dining table. Also speaking at Woodturners Guild in VA.
– Steve Carmichael’s “Whac-a-Woodworker”:
– “Silent Voices” letter carver:
Poll of the Week
– Jeremy recommends we read this post from Bridge City Tools on the topic of precision and accuracy.
– Kody suggests looking into camping tents at thrift stores for small shop overspray control.
– Lucas has a two-part question. First, he’s going away to college and wants to protect his hand tools from rust. Marc recommends he uses a desiccant in his tool box.
He also wants to know if it’s realistic for him to finish a Roubo workbench on his month-long break from school. He mentions a workbench kit from Horizon Wood Products that some folks might be interested in.
– Steve is looking for a kid-proof finish for a table.
– Alex is repeatedly getting cut from the sides of his chisels.
– Ehren is contemplating the effects of designing on paper vs designing with technology.
Reviews and Thanks!
Are you interested in setting up a recurring donation to help support the show? Use the links in the left column! We’d like to thank Jason N., Adam D., Jeffrey H., and James R. as well as everyone else for their continued support.
Don’t forget to leave us a kick-butt review in the iTunes Store just like Deep Nights and SurviveStyle did.