On today’s show we’ll be discussing lessons learned about hand planing, Popular Woodworking’s new website, setting up shop, as well as our favorite articles, blog posts, and Wood Talk Online Forum posts.
What’s on the Bench:
Shannon – What to do with the monster African Mohogany plank and using foam core for a prototype.
Matt – Assembling the Hock shoulder plane kit.
Marc – Moving the shop!
Around the Web:
Setting up the shop and how our shops constantly evolve.
Around the Web:
– From Daniel Russell sent us this link. Maybe next show we’ll do something similar for woodworking tools. 12 Essential Tools for a Toolbox
– Hawaii’s Woodshow: The 19th annual juried show is April 8-17 in Honolulu.
– WIA 2011 announces dates Sept 30-Oct 2 but only the dates, no news yet on registration, lecturers…more importantly the marketplace.
Common Task Quiz:
– Cutting Miters?
– Cutting Compound Miters?
– Breaking down stock from the mill?
– Fixing an ill fitting mortise and tenon?
– Ty Allan had a question about hand saws.
– Dr. Daniel Gardner asked for advice on breaking down stock.
7 replies on “WT80”
Just listened to my very first WTO. Loved it! I plan on being a regular listener now. Check out this link for building wooden surfboards. Reminds me of your assembly table.
See! I knew all those references to Surf’s up would yield gold CHORTLE.
Thanks for the link Ryan.
Two words guys: Fern Gully
hahaha! this was one of my favorites!
1. you mentioned surfboards, and wooden surfboards! i’m currently making one that you can check out on my blog but that’s besides the point.
2. you mentioned hawaii, where i live! so yes, you do have a hawaiian listener!
Episode 80 is not downloading. Says metadata not available feel free to report the trouble…
Should be working now. That’s what we get for using a free service, lol.
How do you spell that other name for waterfall grain?