Today’s show is sponsored by TableLegs.com. Free shipping on first orders over $50. Enter “Wood Talk” in special instructions when you place your order.
On today’s show we’re talking about a durable kitchen table finish, sanding curves, sharpening a saw, and our favorite shop gear that has nothing to do with woodworking.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is scared to make veneer so he is procrastinating waiting for a new tool.
- Matt is making photo clip boards for his wife again.
- Shannon is building the Woodworkers Fighting Cancer table and chair project and getting fancy with a raised panel.
- Marc shares an old video on bandsaw set up but a classic
- Preston shared an article about some great woodworking education going on in Oregon and Colorado
- George shared a video about LED vs CFL shop lighting.
- Huck shared a video about a homemade table saw
- Stephen was surprised we didn’t mention the Fidgen Kerfing plane in our conversation about resawing at the table saw and bandsaw. Shannon ranted a bit about the origin of the Saw rebate plane and will be building one soon just to test it out.
- A “second time caller” wants to know about using a bandsaw for scrolling work.
- Nate is wondering if he can recoat a lacquer finish on his table with Polyurethane
- Thom is building a rocker and really struggled smoothing out the rocker parts
- Pug wants some advice on sharpening saws.
- Jared wants to know what non woodworking stuff we have in our shops that we can’t live without