Today’s show is brought to you by Brusso Hardware.
On today’s show we’re talking about our lathe situations, first tools for the hybrid woodworker, knockdown hardware, and bench vs. mortise chisels.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc bought an air quality tester
- Shannon is breaking down a sheet of plywood
- Matt built a quickie gift for his wife’s birthday
- Gerry shared a video about Israeli woodworker Gil Arad. Woodworking by Gil Arad from Elad Brami on Vimeo.
- Shannon shared an article about a woodworker who built the Millennium Falcon out of wood!
- Steve is glad to hear that Marc also was concerned if there was a better way to deal with long bed rails
- Will thinks resawing is still faster than planing away 1/4″ and shop sawn veneer is always good to have around.
- Adam said DON’T buy reclaimed truck bed flooring, its too hard to work with. Instead buy it new from a truck supply store.
- Marc wants to know why people gotta hate on the clean shop!?
- Tim recently installed a “fresh air kit” for his furnace
- What is your lathe situation?
- Joe is a power tool guy looking to get into more Hybrid woodworking and wondering how to do that.
- Mike wants to know about using knock down hardware for a crib.
- Scott wants to know if he needs to buy mortise chisels or if his bench chisels will suffice.