Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware where you get great quality hardware. Woodtalk listeners can use coupon code ‘WOODTALK’ for 10% off your first order at brusso.com
On today’s show we’re talking about cutting a juice groove in a cutting board, planers and Pine, bench top mortisers, power carving tools for bowls, and our strategies for dealing with squeeze out.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc finished his bed then built a sword with his son.
- Matt is slacking and editing video of his Sofa Table.
- Shannon wrapped up another Campaign Stool.
- Billy shared a cool video of a lumber yard in action shot from a drone.
- Veritas has updated their small Plow Plane.
- Brandon found some great videos showcasing some amazing craftsmanship
- Marc shared a funny video called The Maker. The Maker from Patrick Kehoe on Vimeo.
- Jason said that the new side clamping accessory for the Veritas MKII honing guide has solved all his wonky bevel issues.
- Chris shared a service to help you find hardware parts by taking a picture
- Nate shared some kickback about the snipe issues with a thickness planer from a few shows ago.
- Jason has a tip for working with knockdown hardware.
- Josh wants to know which side of the strop to use the abrasive on.
- Kevin has a tip for picking good quality construction lumber
- Ray said that WoodTalk is a great parental motivation tool.
- Do you put glue on both boards when gluing up a panel? What is your glue handling “process”.
- Paul wants to know if screws from an old Stanley plane will fit a new one. This post should help.
- John wants to know everything about Power Carving…Shannon took a nap during this one!
- Otto is wondering what the best way is to make a juice groove on a cutting board.
- George says, “are benchtop mortisers worth it?”
- Oscar is having problems with Pine in his thickness planer and the rollers not pulling it through.