Today’s show is brought to you by Harrys.com where you can get high quality razors in the mail at a fraction of the cost from the stores. Use promo code WoodTalk to save 10% off your first order.
On today’s show we’re talking about Gaming Table improvements, round bottom spokeshaves, ditching the miter saw, and clamp walls vs rolling clamp racks.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc finally ordered his copy of Mortise & Tenon Magazine.
- Matt is cutting slabs with his manly chainsaw rig.
- Shannon took a disappointing trip to Williamsburg, VA.
- Woodworking in America’s web site is now live where you can register and check out the class schedule
- The Samurai Woodworker builds a workbench.
- The Video Woodworkers will be at The Woodworking Show in Atlanta, GA this weekend. Go make a video of them making videos of woodworking at tear a hole in the fabric of space time.
- Luke bought a stack dado then had a kickback incident
- Jay has some thoughts on the wobble dado vs a stacked dado
- Do you store clamps on the wall or on a rolling rack? Would you ever switch and why? Thanks to Alex for this topic.
- Ralph has some chainsaw mill questions
- Brian is thinking about getting rid of his miter saw and wants to know if this is a good idea.
- Alex bought a round bottom spokeshave and has gotten pretty good with it and now wonders if he needs a flat bottom one.
- RA wants to know if Marc would redesign anything on his gaming table several months later.
Finally, More Poetry!
Huge thanks to Allen McGruder for his deep thoughts