Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware. Head over to Brusso.com and use the coupon code “WoodTalk” to save 10% on the finest hardware for your fine projects.
On today’s show we’re talking about mallets & chisel handles, protecting our electronic gear in the shop, shop security, keeping walnut from fading, and our featured topic, how much rehab can you do on a tool before it loses its soul?
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is building Barrister Bookcases and enjoying thick Walnut
- Matt is doing more trimwork…sad trombone
- Shannon is loving garage door open Spring weather shop time.
- Win a Fuji Minimite HVLP sprayer or a Guild Membership
- Every Monday is Woodworking 101 Day at the Woodworking sub Reddit
- Graham Haydon is building a workbench.
- Chris shared Lee Valley’s advice for breaking sharp chisel edges and since its in print it’s more credible.
- Thom called in and is curious if one harms the soul of an heirloom tool by restoring it and adding new parts.
- Tucker wants to know what kind of security we have for our shops. (do you think he is planning a heist?)
- David is looking for advice to stop his Walnut table from fading and doesn’t want to add additional color to the Walnut.
- Mike is concerned that he might hurt the handles of his chisels with a metal mallet.