On today’s show we’re talking about sanding between coats, spalting your wood for fun and profit, resaw or plane, and hobbies outside of woodworking.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is nearing the end of the Barrister Bookcase.
- Matt put the sofa table on display at the Northern Woods Show.
- Shannon has a panel joint fail and doesn’t know why.
- The effect of the chipbreaker in a hand plane.
- Eww snake or really big worm inside a log.
- Jared shared that Tormek has a new straight edge jig coming out that will allow you to grind convex edges like plane blade cambers.
- Cool video about a guy making wooden skiis.
- On the topic of restoring tools that losing their soul, Wade gets philosophical and quotes Theseus’ Paradox
- Brian says engrave your Driver’s License number on your tools to help get them back if stolen.
- Ben makes fun of Marc for having a landline.
- Dave is curious if we have any other hobbies outside of woodworking.
Jason wants to know about the value of a floor model planer over a benchtop model and if going from 15″ to 20″ capacity really makes that big of a difference.
- Trustin wants to make boxes and wonders if he should buy a planer to get thinner box boards or buy a bandsaw and resaw them thinner.
- Brandon wonders if we have ever spalted our own lumber.
- Bob is looking for advice on a sandpaper to use between coats.