On today’s show we’re talking about end grain orientation for panels, smoothing a bookmatched panel, scraping glue, and our featured topic, the Festool Domino vs the world!
What’s On the Bench
- Marc misses his apprentice
- Shannon sliced his finger up while planing
- Matt is almost done with his trim job
- Lots of great stuff this month to give away at The WoodWhisperer giveaway
- Check out the handheld router/CNC thingy called The Origin
- The Samurai Woodworkers makes every other husband look bad with this jewelry box.
- Check out Stinnett Sticks, a YouTube channel about carving very cool walking sticks.
- This guy is like the Chinese Robin Wood!
- Bob Flexner waxed (pun intended) curmudgeonly about the new code for Zinsser’s shelf life.
- Brian shared some advice on moving a planer
- Keith has a tip for spalting your own wood.
- Dual knocked his planer over and tells the story of its fall.
Poll of the Week
- John wants to know why anyone would buy a mortising machine anymore now since the Festool Domino hit the market. Is there anything a mortiser can do that the Domino cannot?
- Paul wants to know if we alternate growth rings when gluing up a panel.
- Michael wants to know how we scrape the glue off underneath a clamp.
- Josh is getting tear out along the glue line of a bookmatched panel and wants to know how to deal with it.