On today’s show we’re talking about attaching a butcher block top to a base, getting started in woodcarving, 110v jointers, and our featured topic, how to deal with shop frustration and maximizing limited time.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc got lei’d
- Shannon is building a scale model
- Matt betrayed himself and went to a lumber yard, he was asked to leave
- Marc discovered a cool woodworker on Maui named Peter Naramore
- Nate sent us an article about the desks in the White House
- Glen shared a great video about a coffee table build and client interaction from the Four Eyes Channel.
- Also check out Four Eyes’ Q&A video for a chortle.
- Shawn shared a link to a new kind of noise reduction/headphones cause he doesn’t like big ear muffs.
- Chris actually shot a video in his shop with a drone! (turn off the music)
- Paul Marcel did a video on making wider Dominos
- Allan shared an article about the downgrading of Walnut. You can also check out an article Shannon wrote with specifics on the Walnut Grades
- Michael shared some feedback on DIY tools geared specifically for women and those tape measures with fractions on them.
PhotoShop Week on WoodTalk
Thanks to Aaron and DoingWhateverRy for these great images!
- Jacob wants to know how to deal with a bad day in the shop and how to make the best of your shop time when time is so limited.
- Check out this post on making a task list to help you make your shop time effective
- Matt called in with serious router bit confusion
- Jason asked us about “Speed Tenons”
- Mark asked about getting started in woodcarving. Sign Up for Mary May’s online school, but here is an introductory carving chisel assortment.
- 5 or 6mm V Gouge 60 degree angle
- #3, 3mm, 6mm, & 14mm
- #7 6mm and 14mm
- #8 6mm & 10mm
- #4, 14mm
- Eric wants to know why 8″ Jointers don’t come in 110V motors
- Jason needs help attaching a butcher block top