Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso and Harrys. If you want super high quality hinges and a silky smooth face then visit Brusso.com for their summer sale on side rail hinges, quadrant hinges, and templates and save 50% off between Aug 8 and 16th. Or visit Harrys.com and using the code “WoodTalk” save $5 off your first order of high quality razors.
On today’s show, we’re talking about sharpening stone contamination, dealing with hardware on our projects.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc had thyroid surgery and is recovering so wish him well.
- Matt is working on his farm house table
- Shannon is really enjoying his well insulated shop in the inhumane summer heat
- Chris Schwarz wrote a great article on sandpaper and smoothing planes and the search for imperfection
- Tommaso used the table saw and dado blade method to create a shouldered round tenon with great results.
- Chad found Walnut at his local Home Depot
- Jason wants to know when we install hardware and how we deal with finish and our hardware.
- Ben and Mark both had questions about the durability of an edge and whether honing on stones finer than 8000 grit is necessary as well as cross contamination issues with combination stones.