On today’s show, we’re talking about practicing dovetails, differences between gravity and syphon HVLP guns, keeping our shops organized, and period furniture resources. Want to check out the video version of the show (recorded live)? Go here!
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is finalizing the Grandfather clock project
- Matt finished the Farm House Table and assembled the saw carriage on his new band mill.
- Shannon attached the bracket feet to his blanket chest and is gearing up for making bandings
- Jeff shared a laser for removing rust.
- Bryan shared that Nick Offerman has a new book
- Bob Flexner talks about “smart” finish
- John shared a pallet joke from Reddit
- Earl shared a video of an incredible floor.
- Jim used to work in a butcher shop and has thoughts on bandsaw accidents
- Rory warned us that using wet, pressure treated wood on a SawStop will inadvertently fire the off the blade
- Joe researched the WoodShop widget and discovered that it is both absolute humidity and temperature that effects the wood movement numbers.
- Joel and Stan are both excited about the Shaper Origins handheld CNC router.
- Chris called Shannon out on his distaste of Walnut and Maple together
James wants to know how much time we spend organizing and building things for our shops.
- Chris is interested in our opinions on gravity fed vs siphon fed HVLP systems
- Michael wants to practice his dovetails and wants to know if he should use Pine or Hardwoods.
- Somebody (cause Matt forgot to put in the name) wants to know of some good resources to find out about period furniture construction.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review