Looking for the video version of this episode? Go Here!
Today’s show is sponsored by MiterSet and their simple and easy table saw miter gauge. Check out the MiterSet in action in this video:
On today’s show, we’re talking about curved cauls, who need’s ’em!, what’s matt going to do with all of those slabs, what’s the deal with Purpleheart, and all kinds of backwards sawing and softwood only Japanese woodworking questions for our guest host Wilbur Pan!
What’s On the Bench
- Wilbur is cleaning up his shop after the WIA chaos
- Marc is building a Castle Bookcase and thinking about moving his shop
- Matt made a BB gunstock from Padauk
- Shannon made a flyswatter
- Happy Atom makes a Wind Waker boomerang.
- Nathan shared an epic guitar making video.
- Wilbur shared a video on Hakone style Japanese marquetry.
- Bruce shares how dangerous dust explosions can be
- Check out Shrine of the Pines in Baldwin, MI
- George and Nick have sources for dying veneer and Nick wants a shop lighting update
- AJ is making a standing desk and wants a good way to hang a drawer underneath it
- Nick Offerman called in seeking advice on sharpening his block plane
- Joe needs help with a big commission redoing desktops
- Joe wants to know who uses curved cauls for panel glue ups.
- Jason likes Matt’s bandsaw mill and wants to know what he is going to do with all that wood.
- Matt’s Purpleheart is changing color, what’s the deal?
Questions for Wilbur
- Jim wants to know what’s the best pull saw to buy for dovetails? Check out this post on Wilbur’s blog
- Sam wants to know if Wilbur still uses baby oil on his diamond stones
- Favorite Japanese Chisel Manufacturer?
- Timothy wants to build a small Japanese style workbench
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review