On today’s show, we’re talking about oil stones vs water stones, how to avoid mistakes related to rushing, and setting pricing expectations
What’s On the Bench
- Marc is making through mortise and tenons on his Grandfather Clock
- Matt is making an Apple Press
- Shannon was installing hinges and narrowly avoided a mistake on his Blanket Chest
- Andrei shared a podcast about John Walton, the legendary Australian Woodworker
- Tommasso shared a video on the making of a Medieval Capstan.
- Woodworkers Fighting Cancer has kicked off for 2016
- Brian broke one of his torrefied wood handles on his Veritas chisels
We got a call back about accessories for moulding planes not block planes and Shannon is still confused.
- Matt wants to know how to not rush because he keeps screwing things up by hurrying.
- Jack wants to know how to manage the requests from friends and family, “hey, can you make…”
- Jared is using water stones but is wondering is oil stones would be better for him since he doesn’t have to flatten them as much.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review