Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware. If you use the code “WoodTalk” you can save 10% off your first order at Brusso.com.
On today’s show, we’re talking about learning to sharpen saws, shop lighting options, and where do you get your horse butt.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc hosted a guild meetup at his shop and is beginning to pack up the house
- Matt is pressing apples
- Shannon made some panel clamps out reclaimed lumber
- Check out Andy Klein’s new panel clamp invention:
- Kevin shared a page with us with really cool animated gifs of Japanese joinery
- Brandon shared a guitar making video that looks like a Japanese action show.
- Brian shared an article on pricing your work
- Andrew also had a torrefied handle break on his Veritas chisels. They sent him a replacement of course.
- Tom is making Scorpion shellac
- David wants to make a treadle lathe but is having problems with the axle: use steel tapered alignment pins
- David wants to know whether to go with LED or Fluorescent lighting in his shop. Marc recommends this video from Andy Klein.
- Page is new to saw sharpening and wants to know what files to use and any tips for a beginning sharpener.
- Eric wants to know where to get horse butt strops.
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review