On today’s show we’re talking about Marc’s sexy curvy legs, milling square stock, and making sliding dovetails by hand.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc finished his finish shoot out
- Matt was slabbing up White Oak logs
- Shannon was resurfacing a deck with wet wood
- Next week Bob Claggett will be a co host on the show while Shannon is out of town, submit your funky Maker questions for Bob
- Kyle Toth hit 100,000 subscribers and released a celebration video
- Shannon finds laser rust removal cathartic.
- James shared a great video for drill press storage.
- Andrew shared a video about using jigs to make intricate wooden frames.
- William teaches us a valuable lesson: go to Woodcraft without your spouse
- Kris wanted some clarification about using a shorter plane for smoothing
- Tom furthered his skill by building 2 violins when he had never done it before. Check out the playlist here.
- Rob was daunted by a bed project and chose to build 2 side tables using similar joinery first to get ready for the bed.
- Andrew mentioned a knockdown workbench from Chris Schwarz that would be great for an apartment woodworker
Brandon wonders if he is getting the short end of the stick with 4/4 lumber that is S3S’d to 13/16
- AJ wonders how we design the curves in our projects
- Joe wants to know what our process is for making square parts
- Matt wants to know how to cut sliding dovetails by hand
How You Can Support Us
Use the links in the left column and sign up for a recurring donation, or you can be cool too and support the show through our Patreon campaign at kick it up a notch and wear a Wood Talk T-Shirt, or leave us an iTunes Review