On today’s show we’re talking about: what glues work best at low temperatures, rust prevention on the hand tools, and mortiser setup
What’s On the Bench
- Marc finished his jewelry box and build a drill bit storage cabinet
- Matt is almost done with the highboy and starting to plan the waterfall table
- Shannon is resawing Redwood veneer
- The Woodworking Shows are starting up their 2018 circuit. Check out when it comes near you.
- Megan Fitzpatrick has resigned from Popular Woodworking
- Chuck Bender is back and will be teaching in PA again
- Sam has some thoughts on sanding vs planing
- Wilbur advises Shannon that turning on an electric lathe is still a hand tool
Lumber Industry Update
Cuban Mahogany is back? Maybe not. New technology in the African hardwood market could be a very good thing for sustainability and visibility.
- Dan wonders about doing a glue up in a cold shop
- Bryan is struggling with his mortising machine
- Kim is worried about rust on tool stored right in front of the window