On today’s show we’re talking about: Yoga blocks, sources for turning blanks, projects with your kids, and wedges for leg vices
Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware
Brusso Hardware is the premier manufacturer of American-made brass and stainless steel hardware. With customers using these products for a variety of projects-ranging from boxes, furniture, and cabinetry – Brusso has the perfect item to complement your next project. Sign up for their newsletter to keep up with the latest sales, announcements, customer submitted photos and more. To see their line of hardware, visit their website at Brusso.com and use coupon code “WOODTALK” at checkout to get 10% off your order!
What’s On the Bench
- Marc regales us with his travels across the great northwest seeking woodworking enlightenment…and coffee
- A woodworker successfully fooled everyone into thinking his secretary was an antique
- These guys created a fake tutorial to teach illegal downloaders a lesson:
- Dyami thinks Laguna ceramic bandsaw guides are the best thing since Google Plus
- Daniel promoted WoodTalk to the Shop Talk Live guys
- Andrew is concerned about using a parallel guide and pin on his leg vise
Lumber Industry Update
Shannon drones on about the growth of composite and engineered materials and the future they may bring to woodworkers everywhere. He also mentions an article about compressed wood that is stronger than Titanium.
- Samuel wants to build yoga blocks for his wife and is looking for suggestions on finish and species
- Mike is curious what projects we look forward to making with our kids
- Ryan is looking for suggestions on sourcing larger blanks for turning