On today’s show we’re talking about: Is cheaper walnut worth it?, glue squeeze out, curved veneer panels, some finishing talk.
Today’s show is sponsored by Brusso Hardware
What’s On the Bench
- Marc blew up a sofa table
- Matt poured a waterfall table
- Shannon is veneering Birds Eye Maple
- Andrew shared some tiny little staircases made by a French Secret Society
- Danny says the New Yankee Workshop episodes will be available, along with plans, on This Old House.
- Rick likes and has been using Thermally Modified Wood
- Jason likes his Laguna ceramic guides but hates setting them up.
- Jason is using dye and shellac and wants that oil deliciousness
Lumber Industry Update
Walnut pricing is all over the place because the grade is so widely varied. FAS Walnut is not the same grade as other North American species and popularity of the species is up dramatically. Yet the demand is for higher than grade material.
- Luke needs help with a buying plan for Walnut, buy more and work around defects or embrace the defects
- Michael needs help getting rid of glue spots after a glue up
- Chris isn’t sure how to veneer a rolltop desk lid: vacuum press or hammer veneer?