It’s show #527 On today’s show, we’re talking about using dye on Walnut, card scraping a cutting board, and Making boards longer.
Sponsored by You
If you want to help support the show, you can do so by going to Patreon.com/woodtalk and signing up to become a patron of the show. Thank you Patrons.
Sponsored by Rockler
Wood Talk is brought to you by Rockler! Rockler has been helping customers create with confidence for over 65 years. Rockler is giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky Wood Talk listener. Enter for your chance to win before July 31st at Rockler.com/woodtalk.
If you’re looking to build out your shop or change the layout, check out Rockler’s Building Your Shop guide. You’ll find workshop design and layout tips, free plans for workbenches, dust collection guidance, tool and lumber storage ideas and more.
What’s On the Bench
- Marc’s house hunt is still going.
- Matt is siding the house with Flyash siding
- Shannon made a planing stop
- Robert confirms Missouri’s “methy-ness”
Emails and Voicemails
- Marc plays a voicemail from a frustrated building dealing with an overbearing content creator
- Mark wonders if he needs to add dye to his Walnut table and how it will perform under a top coat
- Daniel wants to lengthen a board with a dovetail and asks about using a dovetail jig for the job.
- Ryan is scraping a cutting board with a card scraper and asks about the effectiveness.
Ask Us a Question
Send in questions via the contact form here on site or hit us up on IG at woodtalkshow or send us a voicemail using your phone voice memo app to firstname.lastname@example.org