On today’s show, we’re talking about using a sliding dovetail to stabilize a panel, fixing gappy dados, and cleaning your files and rasps.
What’s on the Bench?
- Marc is feelin’ groovy working on his chest of drawers or dresser or bureau.
- Matt is getting matchy matchy with his chest dados.
- Shannon is on the bent lam[b] with a Get Woodworking project.
- Marc shared a link about Ikea integrating more solid wood into their furniture. Good or Bad?
- This week is Get Woodworking Week
Poll of the Week
Have you ever taught another woodworker?
- Adam reminded us that glue and sawdust also makes a great pore filler.
- Lucas called us back to update us on the workbench he built over Christmas break instead drinking and partying like the other college kids
- Dave was concerned about excess moisture in the wood if it is stored outside like in Shannon’s lumber shed.
- Jacob wants to know if he can use sliding dovetails to stabilize a wide panel cabinet door.
- Alan wants to know how to fix a gappy dado.
- Chris wants to know if he should and how to clean his files and rasps.